The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is a new software product that predicts groundwater mounding beneath rectangular recharge areas overlying horizontal and sloping aquifers.
Use the MOUNDSOLV Wizard to simulate the growth of a groundwater mound under either transient or steady-state conditions with recent analytical solutions by Zlotnik et al. (2017).
Interpret mounding simulations with visualization and reporting tools (contour plots, profile charts, time-series charts and a detailed report) built into the MOUNDSOLV Wizard.
Use the MOUNDSOLV Wizard to evaluate impacts due to groundwater mounding in the design and assessment of groundwater recharge/infiltration BMPs:
- Stormwater infiltration structures
- Sewage disposal/septic systems
- Managed aquifer recharge
- Runoff exfiltration (e.g., drywells)
- Flooding potential at nearby structures
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard provides you with easy-to-use tools for assessing groundwater mounding conditions:
- Predict maximum height of a groundwater mound
- Plot water-table rise due to mounding along profiles
- Forecast water-table rise at user-specified monitoring points
- Simulate decay of mound after recharge stops
- Account for horizontal or sloping initial water table (aquifer slope)
- Rotate infiltration BMP with respect to map axes and/or aquifer slope
- View results in graphical and report formats
- Copy and paste plots and reports into other documents
- Print or save plots and reports
Groundwater Mounding Analysis Made Easy
Step 1: Enter Data
Enter all of the data required for a groundwater mounding simulation in one simple Input step. Context-sensitive help guides you through the data entry process and detailed online documentation is only a mouse click away.
Step 2: View Results
The Results step provides you with a detailed report as well as options for visualizing mounding simulation results with contour, profile and time-series plots included in the software.
Copy and paste plots and reports into other documents. Print or save results in graphical (.bmp, .emf, .gif, .jpg or .png) or report (.htm) formats.
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard predicts the transient or steady-state rise of the water table beneath a rectangular recharge area using mathematical solutions by Zlotnik et al. (2017) for horizontal and uniformly sloping unconfined aquifers.
The solutions implemented in the MOUNDSOLV Wizard permit arbitrary orientation of both the aquifer dip and the recharge area through independent rotation angles, and , respectively. The angle is the rotation of the aquifer dip from the axis and the angle is the rotation of the axis of the recharge area from the dip direction as shown in the figure below.
The Zlotnik et al. (2017) mounding solutions included in the MOUNDSOLV Wizard allow you to simulate horizontal and sloping aquifers as well as transient and steady-state conditions. The Zlotnik et al. solutions improve upon an earlier solution by Hantush (1967) which limits you to a horizontal aquifer under transient conditions.
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is a 64-bit application intended for recent versions of the Windows operating system.
- Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
- 10 MB free hard disk space
- 32 MB RAM (used by app)
Send an email to email@example.com to request a demo version of the MOUNDSOLV Wizard and experience the features and capabilities of the software.
- Do I need any other software to use the MOUNDSOLV Wizard?
- No. The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is a self-contained product. You do not need a copy of AQTESOLV (our popular software for aquifer test analysis) or any external graphics packages.
- Can I simulate mound buildup and decay with the MOUNDSOLV Wizard?
- Yes. You may use the MOUNDSOLV Wizard to model both the buildup (growth) of a groundwater mound and (optionally) its decay after recharge has ended.
- Where can I find documentation for the software?
- In-depth documentation for the MOUNDSOLV Wizard is available online. Help buttons in the wizard allow you to access the online help directly from the software. HydroSOLVE updates the documentation regularly.
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is available from HydroSOLVE, Inc. at the affordable introductory price of USD $200 for a single-user license and one year of maintenance. Maintenance renewal is available for USD $75 annually.
Purchase a single-user license and one year of maintenance for the MOUNDSOLV Wizard through our secure payment gateway.
Upon receipt of payment, HydroSOLVE, Inc. will send you an email with instructions for downloading, installing and activating the software.
All sales are final. All prices are subject to change.
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is a standalone product and does not require that you have a license for AQTESOLV.
The MOUNDSOLV Wizard is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. If you do have a question, please follow the steps below to get quick answers to your questions about the software.
Help: Step 1
Help: Step 2
Context Help provides quick reminders about input parameters. Click ? at the top of the wizard interface and then click on an input field to view a reminder.
Help: Step 3
Help: Step 4
HydroSOLVE, Inc. provides software support via email for one year from the date of your MOUNDSOLV Wizard purchase (additional support beyond the first year is available with annual maintenance). Be sure to include your contact information and software serial number in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your question.
Please limit your inquiries to the operation of the software. Questions relating to your project, site, hydrogeologic parameter selection, engineering design, interpretation of results or other professional advice are not included in software support.